We are seeking Exhibition Attendants to assist with the supervision and promotion of the New Zealand exhibition at the Venice Biennale 2019. The assignments will be for periods of approximately six weeks between May and November 2019.
Dane Mitchell is the New Zealand artist who has been selected to participate.
Candidates must have:
- A good knowledge and understanding of contemporary visual arts and culture of Aotearoa/New Zealand and in particular an interest in Dane Mitchell’s practice.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide information clearly, and articulate art related ideas, themes and contexts to a wide range of people/audiences.
- A high level of proficiency in maintaining exhibitions, particularly sculpture, sound installations and multimedia.
- Experience in undertaking condition reporting and exhibition maintenance.
- A high degree of independence, professionalism and initiative.
- A current passport.
A degree of fluency in Italian would be an advantage, but is not a pre-requisite.
While these positions are unpaid and Attendants are required to fund their own daily living expenses we offer:
- return economy airfare from your closest major New Zealand airport to Venice, Italy
- accommodation in a shared apartment, and
- training prior to departure and support while in Venice.
You will be required to undertake a full time role. The exhibition is open to the public Tuesdays to Sundays, 10am to 6pm.
Read the full Exhibition Attendants job description (pdf)
To apply please email a cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae to Venice@creativenz.govt.nz
Applications close at midday, Wednesday 28 November 2018.